TIPS ON HOW TO WRITE ENGLISH ESSAYS.
Tips on how to write an effective cover letter.
- Address the recipient properly.
- Introduce yourself briefly but accordingly and appropriately
- Organize your thoughts.
- List your strengths with examples
- Explain how your positive characters would improve the image of the company.
- Thank the recipient for their time.
Contents of the letter
- Your address
- Recipient’s address
- Subject matter
- education background (highlight the subjects which are critical to your post)
- your positive characters (characters which are relevant to your post)
- relate your characters to the improvement of the company and explain
- Working experiences or any experiences which are pertinent to your post.
- Thank the recipient for their time.
- Your hope and expectation.
100 Genesis Park
Jalan Batu Kawa, Off Jalan Matang
Jalan Song Hu,
Matang, 93050, Kuching
12th 02 2011
Application for the post of English Teacher
I would like to apply for the post of an English Teacher as advertised in the Borneo Post, dated 5th January 2011.
I am a Malaysian, aged 28. I have passed my SPM with 6 distinctions 3 credits. I got A for my English, Math and Science and Bahasa
Malaysia. For your information, I
can write and speak well in English and Malay.
I acquired my diploma and degree in teaching from
In addition to my teaching certificates, I also learned about some
Microsoft softwares such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. I believe that these
computer skills will help me a lot in teaching my students. Batu
When I was in school, I was the President of the English Club. I helped the teachers particularly the English teachers to organize debate competition, writing competition and public speaking competition. Furthermore, I was also one of the debaters. Obviously, I could share my debating experiences with my students in order to enhance their critical thinking skills. I was also active in sports. I played football and badminton. I also represented the schools every year.
Now let me talk about my characters. One of my strengths is I have a solid determination. In other words, I will not give up on the weakest students and I will try my best to help them acquire English no matter how weak they are. My second strength is I am a very loving person as I believe that being strict without the presence of love will not produce anything as students may come from different types of families especially the ones who come from broken families. My third and last strength is I am a person who always educates myself first before I educate others. I am willing to go to the bottom of a particular issue or problem in order to understand my weaknesses and my student’s.
My certificates and other required documents are available in the attachments.
I hope my application will be carefully revised and gradually accepted because I believe I have what it takes to be a great English teacher. Thank for reading.
Tips on how to write a report
- State the date
- List the speakers if available or list anyone who was involved.
- List the invited guest of honour or any important figures.
- State the purpose of the organized event.
- Explain in details what were done throughout the event.
- Highlight important events and give examples.
- Work hard on your imagination as you as a writer has the responsibility to help the readers to picture what had happened throughout the event.
- State the outcome of the event.
- Name of the reporter and his or her post.
2nd July 2010 was a busy day for Sm Sains Kuching’s students and teachers as Environment week was held on that day. The Earth Club of the school was in charged of the important week. Several activities were held to make the school one of the greenest and cleanest schools of the state.
Kuching City Mayor Mr. Raymond Churchill was the one who launched the environment week. He gave a short but a very touching speech on the importance of keeping the beauty of our environment. On of the important lines of his speech was “We cannot save the whole world from destruction, but one thing for sure, we can save this beloved country and perhaps lead the world as long as preserving a green and clean earth is concerned”. Everyone was amazed by the inspiring speech.
The school principal also gave a speech which emphasized on educating the young minds about the importance of taking care of the environment. The principal also explain in details about the purpose of organizing the environment week as she believed that if we were to educate the society about the importance of having a clean environment, we should always work on the young ones first.
Right after the assembly, the teachers divided all of the students into four groups. The first group was assigned to clean the clogged drains. The school gardener was the one who helped give them the right tools to clean the drains. The clogged drains could be the breeding ground for deadly mosquitoes. The second group was assigned to pick up all the rubbish in the school compound. They were reminded to gather all the recyclable items and sent them to the provided bins. They were able to collect seven kilograms of aluminum cans. The third group’s job was to paint the classroom. All of the classrooms were painted with light green as green colour was the theme of the environment week. Planting trees and flower plants were done by the last group. Most of the trees and the flower plants were donated by the parents and Kuching City Council.
Once everything was done, the students and teachers together with the school staff went to the dining hall for lunch. While having lunch, a student from 3 Alpha named Zamri sang a beautiful song about environment entitled “Hijau”. The song was made popular by Zainal Abidin, a singer from west
the end of the dinner, the City Mayor gave a short speech to thank everyone for
their contribution to the school particularly the environment. He hoped that
the activities would be held annually in order to cultivate good values in
students. Everyone was exhausted but deeply satisfied and contented as the
school looked very clean, green and beautiful.
In conclusion, the students learned more about the benefits of preserving a clean environment as most importantly the world will always be inherited and taken care by the future generations.
Secretary of the Earth Club
Tips on how to write a speech
- know your audience especially their ranks, jobs, education and cultural background.
- address your audience properly
- thank the ones who organize the event
- define the title of your speech especially the important keywords.
- organize each point, if possible talk about one main idea in one paragraph.
- explain the main point and give examples.
- conclude the speech with clear hope and expectation.
Tips on how to give a speech
- Know your audience (You must know their ranks, jobs and education and cultural background)
- Address them properly (Respect the audience as if they were very important.
- Keep eye contact ( while talking, look at everyone as if your eyes are filming a documentary. If you fail to look at the audience, they will not listen to you and they will find that you are boring. Gradually, they will start to ignore you as you fail to recognize their existence. )
- Relate the topic to the audience. Give examples which are relevant to your audience’s education or cultural background.
- Speak as loud and as clear as possible because it shows that you really want the audience to understand the contents of your speech.
- Show the correct facial expression. Don’t forget to show your feelings too. However, your facial expression and emotions must be compatible with the title and the contents of your speech.
- Play with your hands when necessary in order to keep the audience awake and to help them to listen to your speech because nobody wants to listen to a robot.
- Conclude the speech with a clear hope and expectation.
Tips on How to Stay Fit
A very good morning I bid to our principal, vice principals, excellent teachers, teachers and my fellow students. I would like to thank the organizer for giving me an opportunity to talk about some tips on how to stay fit.
According to Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, the word fit means healthy and strong, especially because you do regular physical exercise. The first key to stay fit is you must eat a balanced diet. A balanced diet is defined as a meal that contains all the essential nutrients that your body needs in order to stay strong and healthy. Too much sugar and fats can negatively affect your health as too much sugar can cause diabetes while too much fat can cause heart attack and obesity. Drinking 8 glasses of water is a must if you wish to stay healthy and strong because a sufficient amount of water in your body can help you to stay energetic. Furthermore, drinking plain water will help to flush toxins from your body. Last but not least, drinking a lot of water will also keep your kidney healthy.
Physical exercise is also compulsory if you desire a healthy body. 30 minutes of physical exercise is good enough and has to be carried out every day. Walking is also a good start for those who haven’t exercised for a long time. Physical exercise is proven to be very beneficial for your heart as heart is the most important part of your body as its primary role is to pump oxygen to all essential parts of the body. Jogging, cycling, hiking, and swimming are some of the physical exercises that you can do. In addition to improving the function of you heart, physical exercise can effectively help you to lose your weight especially for those who are obese. Not only you lose your weight, you also finally have the great body that you always dream of.
A good sleep is equal to a healthy body and mind. 8 hours of sleep ensure enough rest for the body and mind. As a result, you will be energetic throughout the day. Moreover, you will be able to stay focus in doing your work. Being sleepy in the class or at workplace will no longer be a problem to you.
Drinking alcoholic drinks and smoking can cause addiction. Once you become a smoker or a drunkard, it is quite impossible for you to quit. Avoid being involved in these deadly habits while you are still young.
That is all from me. Thank you for listening. I hope all of you including myself will put all these words into practice.